3, Misrepresented identity.
When you join online dating, you should realize that the anonymity brings you great convenience, because you don’t need to tell others everything. At the same time, it becomes a potential problem of online dating too, as others may not behave correctly. On any dating site, you may pay attention to the following aspects:
1) Married people. Many married people do use online dating. They’ll tell you that they are single and want to start a new relationship with you. Actually they just want casual relationship, or NSA relationship. According to the investigation data provided by MSNBC a moment ago, up to 30% online daters are married.
2) misrepresented photos. On dating sites, you can only read profile wording and photos. Some people may post some old photos which were taken 5 or 10 years ago to show their best. On this situation, you may want to ask for a recent photo. Some people may post just one photo, a very small, vague one, or a very beautiful, good-looking one, you should confirm if the photo is real first. Many dating scammers post small photos, or celebrity photos. So you should have the idea of confirming the reality of the photo.
3) Misleading age. Some people may want to make them much younger than they actually are. If you don’t care about the age problem too much, you can skip this. On some serious dating sites, like MillionaireCupid.com, eharmony.com, you can check if their age is verified. If not verified and you don’t want a big surprise when you meet the real person, you may ask the member to get verified, anonymously or onymously.
4, Signals for abnormal relationships
1) Your date or your friend is trying to isolate you from your friends or your family;
2) Your date or your friend blames others for various reasons from time to time;
3) Your date or your friend gets extremely jealous, without appropriate reasons;
4) Your date or your friend is trying to control you or changing your values & ideas;
5) Your date or your friend is cruel in treating animals or kids sometimes;
6) Your date or your friend tried to threaten you or threaten to hurt you when you have different ideas;
5, Protect your private information. Since one of the best advantages of online dating is anonymity, you should keep your private information not public.
1) Don’t include your last name in your username. On MillionaireCupid.com, many members who joined the survey told that they added their last name in username, fortunately, they realized this and changed their usernames later.
2) Don’t tell our phone number, private email address, or home address to others unless you know them very well. Or you may get disturbed and have more troubles.